Relative Deprivation in the Labour ‘Space
AbstractThe paper develops a concept, a measure and an index of relative labour deprivation based on theories of social justice, a, labour participation model and an index of relative dleprivation. The use of these tools is tillustrated with kousehold data onn urban migration in Turkey. It is shown how they can be effective in providing policy recommendations in areas characterized by heterogeneous communities
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Turin in its series Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers with number 200701.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2007
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-06-23 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-LAB-2007-06-23 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2007-06-23 (Economics of Human Migration)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1984. "The Relative Deprivation Curve and Its Applications: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 400-405, October.
- D'Ambrosio, Conchita & Frick, Joachim R., 2004.
"Subjective Well-Being and Relative Deprivation: An Empirical Link,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1351, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Conchita D'Ambrosio & Joachim R. Frick, 2004. "Subjective Well-Being and Relative Deprivation: An Empirical Link," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 449, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- D'Ambrosio, Conchita & Rodrigues, Rute Imanishi, 2008. "Deprivation in the São Paulo Districts: Evidence from 2000," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1094-1112, June.
- BOSSERT, Walter & D'AMBROSIO, Conchita & PERAGINE, Vito, 2004.
"Deprivation and Social Exclusion,"
Cahiers de recherche
2004-01, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Berrebi, Z M & Silber, Jacques, 1985. "Income Inequality Indices and Deprivation: A Generalization [Relative Deprivation and the Gini Coefficient]," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 100(3), pages 807-10, August.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1984. "The Relative Deprivation Curve and Its Applications," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 395-97, October.
- Hey, John D & Lambert, Peter J, 1980. "Relative Deprivation and the Gini Coefficient: Comment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 95(3), pages 567-73, November.
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1984. "The Relative Deprivation Curve and Its Applications," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 384-94, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri) or (Marina Grazioli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.