The appropriate style of economic discourse. Keynes on Economics and Econometrics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Turin in its series CESMEP Working Papers with number 200702.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2007
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2007-06-23 (Econometrics)
- NEP-HIS-2007-06-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2007-06-23 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2007-06-23 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2007-06-23 (Sociology of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rod O'Donnell, 2006.
"Keynes's Principles of Writing (Innovative) Economics,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(259), pages 396-407, December.
- Rod O'Donnell, 2004. "Keynes's Principles of Writing (Innovative) Economics," Research Papers 0413, Macquarie University, Department of Economics.
- Robert Leeson, 1998. "“The Ghosts I Called I Can't Get Rid of Now”: The Keynes-Tinbergen-Friedman-Phillips Critique of Keynesian Macroeconometrics," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 30(1), pages 51-94, Spring.
- J. Tinbergen., 2007. "On a Method of Statistical Business-Cycle Research. A Reply," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 4.
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2000.
"Walrasian Economics in Retrospect,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2000-04, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Hendry, David F, 1980. "Econometrics-Alchemy or Science?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 47(188), pages 387-406, November.
- Marchionatti Roberto, 2002. "Dealing with complexity Marshall and Keynes on the nature of economic thinking," CESMEP Working Papers 200201, University of Turin.
- Marchionatti, Roberto, 1999. "On Keynes' Animal Spirits," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 415-39.
- Leamer, Edward E., 1985. "Vector autoregressions for causal inference?," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 255-304, January.
- Hughes Hallett, Andrew J, 1989. "Econometrics and the Theory of Economic Policy: The Tinbergen-Theil Contributions 40 Years On," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 189-214, January.
- McAleer, Michael, 1994. " Sherlock Holmes and the Search for Truth: A Diagnostic Tale," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 317-70, December.
- Krugman, Paul, 1998. "Two Cheers for Formalism," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(451), pages 1829-36, November.
- Lawson, Tony, 1989. "Realism and Instrumentalism in the Development of Econometrics," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 236-58, January.
- Tjalling Koopmans, 1941. "The Logic of Econometric Business-Cycle Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49, pages 157.
- Marchionatti Roberto, 2009. "J. M. Keynes, thinker of economic complexity," CESMEP Working Papers 200902, University of Turin.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri) or (Marina Grazioli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.