Valuation and asset pricing in infinite-horizon sequential markets with portfolio constraints
AbstractWe develop a theory of valuation of payoff streams in infinite-horizon sequential markets and discuss implications of this theory for equilibrium under various portfolio constraints. We study the nature of asset price bubbles in light of this theory. We show that there cannot be equilibrium price bubbles on asset in positive net supply under a transversality restriction. Our analysis extends the work by Huang and Werner  to stochastic settings with complete or incomplete markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Utah State University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2000-09.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Valuation; asset price bubble; portfolio constraint;
Other versions of this item:
- Huang, K.X., 1999. "Valuation and Asset Pricing in Infinite Horizon Sequential Markets with Portfolio Constraints," Papers 302, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2006-08-12 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-08-12 (Financial Markets)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huang, Kevin X. D., 2002.
"On infinite-horizon minimum-cost hedging under cone constraints,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 283-301, December.
- Kevin Huang, . "On infinite-horizon minimum-cost hedging under cone constraints," Working Papers 2000-22, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Gilbert).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.