Italian economic journals. A network-based ranking and an exploratory analysis of their influence on setting international professional standards
AbstractAn exploratory analysis of the crossed presence (interlocking editorship) of the same scholars in the editorial boards of Italian and international economic journals is developed. The position and the degree of integration of Italian journals in the worldwide network of economic journals is studied with network analysis techniques and a ranking of Italian journals, based on a measure of centrality, is proposed. Then relatively compact groups of international journals are individuated, representing different specialized sub-field or different methodological approaches to the study of economics. The analysis of the relative position of Italian journals in those groups suggests that Italian journals are not connected to the cores of the various schools operating at an international level, with the only exception of the history of economic thought
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Siena in its series Department of Economics University of Siena with number 574.
Date of creation: Sep 2009
Date of revision:
Economic journals; Italian economic journals; ranking of journals; editorial boards;
Other versions of this item:
- Baccini Alberto, 2009. "Italian Economic Journals. A Network-based Ranking and an Exploratory Analysis of their Influence on Setting International Professional Standards," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 491-512.
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-NET-2009-11-21 (Network Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2009-11-21 (Sociology of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:rie:review:v:12:y:2007:i:2:n:10 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Colander & Ric Holt & Barkley Rosser, 2003.
"The Changing Face of Mainstream Economics,"
Middlebury College Working Paper Series
0327, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2007.
"How the World Achieved Consensus on Monetary Policy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 47-68, Fall.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2007. "How the World Achieved Consensus on Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 13580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ept:journl:v:xxiii:y:2006:i:61en:p:385-423 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniele Checchi, 1999. "Tenure. An Appraisal of a National Selection Process for Associate Professorship," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 58(2), pages 137-181, September.
- Elisabetta Addis & Paola Villa, 2003. "The Editorial Boards of Italian Economics Journals: Women, Gender, and Social Networking," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 75-91.
- Alberto Baccini & Lucio Barabesi, 2008. "Interlocking Editorship. A Network Analysis of the Links Between Economic Journals," Department of Economics University of Siena 532, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Cainelli Giulio & de Felice Annunziata & Lamonarca Maria & Zoboli Roberto, 2006. "The Publications of Italian Economists in ECONLIT. Quantitative Assessment and Implications for Research Evaluation," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 385-424.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M & Rothman, Harry, 1999. "The Editors and Authors of Economics Journals: A Case of Institutional Oligopoly?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages F165-86, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabrizio Becatti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.