An LU-fuzzy calculator for the basic fuzzy calculus
AbstractThe LU-model for fuzzy numbers has been introduced in  and applied to fuzzy calculus in ; in this paper we build an LU-fuzzy calculator, in order to explain the use of the LU-fuzzy representation and to show the advantage of the parametrization. The calculator produces the basic fuzzy calculus: the arithmetic operations (scalar multiplication, addition, subtraction, multiplica- tion, division) and the fuzzy extension of many univariate functions (power with integer positive or negative exponent, exponential , logarithm, general power function with numeric or fuzzy exponent, sin, arcsin, cos, arccos, tan, arctan, square root, Gaussian and standard Gaussian functions, hyperbolic sinh, cosh, tanh and inverses, erf error function and complementary erfc error function, cu- mulative standard normal distribution). The use of the calculator is illustrated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini in its series Working Papers with number 0701.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision: 2007
Fuzzy Sets; LU-fuzzy Calculator; Fuzzy Calculus;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C88 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other Computer Software
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-31 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmela Nicoletti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.