Who Benefits from Local Job Growth: Migrants or Original Residents?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in its series Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles with number tjb1993rs.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Note: Appears in Regional Studies 27(4): 297-311
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 300 S. Westnedge Ave. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 USA
Web page: http://www.upjohn.org
More information through EDIRC
local economic development; job growth; spatial distribution;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Bound & Harry J. Holzer, 1996.
"Demand Shifts, Population Adjustments, and Labor Market Outcomes during the 1980s,"
NBER Working Papers
5685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bound, John & Holzer, Harry J, 2000. "Demand Shifts, Population Adjustments, and Labor Market Outcomes during the 1980s," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 20-54, January.
- Kevin Hollenbeck, 2008. "Is There a Role for Public Support of Incumbent Worker On-the-Job Training?," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 08-138, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S. & Olfert, M. Rose & Ali, Kamar, 2012. "Dwindling U.S. internal migration: Evidence of spatial equilibrium or structural shifts in local labor markets?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 375-388.
- Adamson, Dwight W. & Waugh, Andrew, 2012. "Farm Operator Entry and Exit Behavior: A Longitudinal Analysis," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124053, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hoffmann, Sandra & Berek, Peter & Costello, Christopher & Fortmann, Louise, 2000. "Poverty and Employment in Timber-Dependent Counties," Discussion Papers dp-00-52, Resources For the Future.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn & Jane Waldfogel, 2002.
"The Impact of Welfare Benefits on Single Motherhood and Headship of Young Women: Evidence from the Census,"
NBER Working Papers
9338, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn & FJane Waldfogel, 2004. "The Impact of Welfare Benefits on Single Motherhood and Headship of Young Women: Evidence from the Census," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(2).
- Eric Brunner & Stephen L. Ross & Ebonya Washington, 2008.
"Economics and Ideology: Causal Evidence of the Impact of Economic Conditions on Support for Redistribution and Other Ballot Proposals,"
2008-18, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2008.
- Eric J. Brunner & Stephen L. Ross & Ebonya L. Washington, 2008. "Economics and Ideology: Causal Evidence of the Impact of Economic Conditions on Support for Redistribution and Other Ballot Proposals," NBER Working Papers 14091, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brunner, Eric & Ross, Stephen L. & Washington, Ebonya, 2008. "Economics and Ideology: Causal Evidence of the Impact of Economic Conditions on Support for Redistribution and Other Ballot Proposal," Working Papers 50, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Berck, Peter & Costello, Christopher & Hoffman, Sandra & Fortmann, Louise, 1999. "Poverty program participation and employment in timber-dependent counties," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt9c19v6jg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Byers, Steven & Cutler, Harvey & Davies, Stephen P., 2004. "Estimating Costs and Benefits of Economic Growth: A CGE-Based Study of Tax Incentives in a Rapidly Growing Region," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 34(2).
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn & Jane Waldfogel, 2000.
"Understanding Young Women's Marriage Decisions: The Role of Labor and Marriage Market Conditions,"
NBER Working Papers
7510, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn & Jane Waldfogel, 2000. "Understanding young women's marriage decisions: The role of labor and marriage market conditions," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 53(4), pages 624-647, July.
- Partridge, Mark & Betz, Mike, 2012. "Country Road Take Me Home: Migration Patterns in the Appalachia America and Place-Based Policy," MPRA Paper 38293, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xiaobing Shuai, 2010. "Who Benefits from Job Creation at County Level? An Analysis of Leakage and Spillover of New Employment Opportunities in Virginia," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 38-48, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.