La imposición de los carburantes de automoción en España: algunas observaciones teóricas y empíricas
AbstractThis article deals with the taxation of private car fuels in Spain, analyzing its theoretical foundations and carrying out a comparative study of tax design and tax levels. Moreover, we estimate a demand system of car fuels with data from Encuesta Continua de Presupuestos Familiares, which allows for microsimulation of various tax reforms. In particular, we evaluate and assess the effects of the new Spanish tax on car fuel sales and of the application in Spain of the EU directive on harmonization of energy taxes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra in its series Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics with number 609.
Date of creation: Mar 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.upf.edu/
Taxation; car fuels; externalities; Spain;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francisco Javier De Miguel & Manuel Alejandro Cardenete & Jesús Pérez, 2006.
"Effects of the Tax on Retail Sales of Some Fuels on a regional economy: a computable general equilibrium approach,"
06.05, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Francisco Miguel-Vélez & Manuel Cardenete Flores & Jesús Pérez-Mayo, 2009. "Effects of the tax on retail sales of some fuels on a regional economy: a computable general equilibrium approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 781-806, September.
- Rosa M. González-Marrero & Rosa M. Lorenzo-Alegría & Gustavo A. Marrero, 2011. "Gasoline and Diesel Consumption for Road Transport in Spain: a Dynamic Panel Data Approach," Economic Reports 04-2011, FEDEA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.