Variance reduction methods for simulation of densities on Wiener space
AbstractWe develop a general error analysis framework for the Monte Carlo simulation of densities for functionals in Wiener space. We also study variance reduction methods with the help of Malliavin derivatives. For this, we give some general heuristic principles which are applied to diffusion processes. A comparison with kernel density estimates is made.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra in its series Economics Working Papers with number 597.
Date of creation: Jan 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.upf.edu/
Stochastic differential equations; weak approximation; variance reduction; kernel density estimation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kebaier, Ahmed & Kohatsu-Higa, Arturo, 2008. "An optimal control variance reduction method for density estimation," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(12), pages 2143-2180, December.
- Talay, Denis & Zheng, Ziyu, 2004. "Approximation of quantiles of components of diffusion processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 23-46, January.
- Arturo Kohatsu & Montero Miquel, 2003. "Malliavin calculus in finance," Economics Working Papers 672, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Gobet, Emmanuel & Labart, Céline, 2007. "Error expansion for the discretization of backward stochastic differential equations," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(7), pages 803-829, July.
- Moez Mrad & Nizar Touzi & Amina Zeghal, 2006. "Monte Carlo Estimation of a Joint Density Using Malliavin Calculus, and Application to American Options," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 497-531, June.
- Bouchard, Bruno & Touzi, Nizar, 2004. "Discrete-time approximation and Monte-Carlo simulation of backward stochastic differential equations," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 175-206, June.
- Guyon, Julien, 2006. "Euler scheme and tempered distributions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 116(6), pages 877-904, June.
- Nicola Cufaro Petroni & Piergiacomo Sabino, 2013. "Multidimensional quasi-Monte Carlo Malliavin Greeks," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 199-224, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.