Implementing interactive computing in an object-oriented environment
AbstractStatistical computing when input/output is driven by a Graphical User Interface is considered. A proposal is made for automatic control of computational flow to ensure that only strictly required computations are actually carried on. The computational flow is modeled by a directed graph for implementation in any object-oriented programming language with symbolic manipulation capabilities. A complete implementation example is presented to compute and display frequency based piecewise linear density estimators such as histograms or frequency polygons.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra in its series Economics Working Papers with number 419.
Date of creation: Nov 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.upf.edu/
Histogram; frequency polygon; bin width; object oriented programming; interactive graphics; statistical computing;
Other versions of this item:
- Frederic Udina, . "Implementing interactive computing in an object-oriented environment," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(i03).
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-03-06 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simonoff, Jeffrey S. & Udina, Frederic, 1997.
"Measuring the stability of histogram appearance when the anchor position is changed,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 335-353, January.
- Jeffrey S. Simonoff & Frederic Udina, 1995. "Measuring the stability of histogram appearance when the anchor position is changed," Economics Working Papers 133, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- HARDLE, Wolfgang & SCOTT, David, 1990.
"Smoothing by weighted averaging of rounded points,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1990040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.