On the term structure of Interbank interest rates: Jump-diffusion processes and option pricing
AbstractIn this paper we study the dynamic behavior of the term structure of Interbank interest rates and the pricing of options on interest rate sensitive securities. We posit a generalized single factor model with jumps to take into account external influences in the market. Daily data is used to test for jump effects. Qualitative examination of the linkage between Monetary Authorities' interventions and jumps are studied. Pricing results suggests a systematic underpricing in bonds and call options if the jumps component is not included. However, the pricing of put options on bonds presents indeterminacies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra in its series Economics Working Papers with number 191.
Date of creation: Nov 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.upf.edu/
Jump-diffusion processes; interbank interest rates; option pricing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brennan, Michael J. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1980. "Analyzing Convertible Bonds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(04), pages 907-929, November.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Chan, K C, et al, 1992.
" An Empirical Comparison of Alternative Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1209-27, July.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate CKLS(1992) estimation of interest rate models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00035, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Enric Valor & Hipòlit Torró & Vicente Meneu, 2001. "Single Factor Stochastic Models With Seasonality Applied To Underlying Weather Derivatives Variables," Working Papers. Serie EC, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones EconÃ³micas, S.A. (Ivie) 2001-22, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Henri Pagès, 1999. "Interbank interest rates and the risk premium," BIS Working Papers 81, Bank for International Settlements.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.