Income Disparities and Trends in Manufactured Exports Across the States and Territories of Australia: 1989/90 - 2000/01
AbstractThis paper documents differences in the levels and growth rates of manufactured exports across the Australian states and territories over the period 1989/90 - 2000/01 and then re-interprets these differences using shift-share analysis. Our results suggest that the relative changes in state exports of manufactured goods have been substantial and seem in large part due to state specific characteristics that impact on state competitiveness.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia in its series Economics Working Papers with number wp04-08.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: School of Economics, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong NSW 2522 Australia
Phone: +612 4221-3659
Fax: +612 4221-3725
Web page: http://business.uow.edu.au/econ/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Income disparities; manufactured exports; Australian states;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cashin, P & Strappazzon, L, 1997.
"Disparities In Australian Regional Incomes : Are They Widening or Narrowing?,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
562, The University of Melbourne.
- Paul Cashin & Loris Strappazzon, 1998. "Disparities in Australian Regional Incomes: Are They Widening or Narrowing?," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 31(1), pages 3-26.
- A. H. Harris & G. A. Wood & T. Armstrong, 1993. "The Role of Government Assistance in Structural Change in Manufacturing: Australian Evidence," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 26(3), pages 45-55.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Patricia S. Pollard, 2001. "Comparing manufacturing export growth across states: what accounts for the differences?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 25-40.
- L Alan Winters, 2004. "Trade Liberalisation and Economic Performance: An Overview," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages F4-F21, 02.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Siminski).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.