Aid to Africa: The changing context
AbstractTo continue its economic growth and create new and better livelihoods, Africa must transform the productive side of its economy. Ongoing globalization.in trade, finance, and technology.opens up new possibilities for structural transformation, but also new
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper WP2013/144.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Africa; economic growth; official development assistance; climate change;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 2005.
"Aid and Growth: What Does The Cross-Country Evidence Really Show?,"
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2008. "Aid and Growth: What Does the Cross-Country Evidence Really Show?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 643-665, November.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2005. "Aid and Growth: What Does the Cross-Country Evidence Really Show?," NBER Working Papers 11513, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Channing Arndt & Paul Chinowsky & Kenneth Strzepek & James Thurlow, 2012. "Climate Change, Growth and Infrastructure Investment: The Case of Mozambique," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 463-475, 08.
- Burnside, Craig & Dollar, David, 1997.
"Aid, policies, and growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1777, The World Bank.
- Addison, Tony & Arndt, Channing & Tarp, Finn, 2010.
"The Triple Crisis and the Global Aid Architecture,"
Working Paper Series, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER)
UNU-WIDER Working Paper W, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tony Addison & Channing Arndt & Finn Tarp, 2011. "The Triple Crisis and the Global Aid Architecture," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 23(4), pages 461-478, December.
- Tony Addison & Channing Arndt & Finn Tarp, 2011. "The Triple Crisis and the Global Aid Architecture," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 23(4), pages 461-478.
- Sanjay G. Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2006.
"Development Aid and Economic Growth: A Positive Long-Run Relation,"
Working Papers, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs
29, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Minoiu, Camelia & Reddy, Sanjay G., 2010. "Development aid and economic growth: A positive long-run relation," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 27-39, February.
- World Bank, 2013. "World Development Report 2014," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 16092.
- Markus BrÃ¼ckner, 2013.
"On the simultaneity problem in the aid and growth debate,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(1), pages 126-150, 01.
- Markus Bruckner, 2011. "On the Simultaneity Problem in the Aid and Growth Debate," School of Economics Working Papers 2011-01, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 2011.
"From flying Geese to leading Dragons : new opportunities and strategies for structural transformation in developing countries,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5702, The World Bank.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 2012. "From Flying Geese To Leading Dragons: New Opportunities and Strategies for Structural Transformation in Developing Countries," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 3(4), pages 397-409, November.
- Bigsten, Arne & Tengstam, Sven, 2012. "International Coordination and the Effectiveness of Aid," Working Paper Series, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- World Bank, 2012. "De-fragmenting Africa : Deepening Regional Trade Integration in Goods and Services," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12385, The World Bank.
- Boone, Peter, 1996. "Politics and the effectiveness of foreign aid," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 289-329, February.
- Nicolas Berman & Philippe Martin, 2012. "The Vulnerability of Sub-Saharan Africa to Financial Crises: The Case of Trade," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 60(3), pages 329-364, September.
- Elizabeth Asiedu & Isaac Kalonda-Kanyama & Leonce Ndikumana & Akwasi Nti-Addae, 2013. "Access to Credit by Firms in Sub-Saharan Africa: How Relevant Is Gender?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 293-97, May.
- Michael A. Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil R. Bhavnani & Samuel Bazzi, 2012. "Counting Chickens when they Hatch: Timing and the Effects of Aid on Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(561), pages 590-617, 06.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.