Foreign aid and decentralization: Policies for autonomy and programming for responsiveness
AbstractDonor support for decentralization comes in two main categories: recommendations at the policy level and project activities at the programming level. At the policy level, donors promote decentralization by recommending greater autonomy for subnational act
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper WP2013/044.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
decentralization; development; local governance; Africa;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-05-11 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-PPM-2013-05-11 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Esther Duflo & Emmanuel Saez, 2002.
"The Role of Information and Social Interactions in Retirement Plan Decisions: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment,"
NBER Working Papers
8885, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Esther Duflo & Emmanuel Saez, 2003. "The Role Of Information And Social Interactions In Retirement Plan Decisions: Evidence From A Randomized Experiment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 118(3), pages 815-842, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.