The political economy of food price policy: The case of rice prices in Vietnam
AbstractRice is a key agricultural commodity in Vietnam, and the agriculture, forestry, and fisheries sector remains a major source of employment and value addition. This paper uses episodes of rice price volatility to understand how the interplay of market force
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper WP2013/035.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Vietnam; political economy; rice; crisis; agriculture;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-05-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-05-11 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2013-05-11 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vu, Linh & Glewwe, Paul, 2011.
"Impacts of Rising Food Prices on Poverty and Welfare in Vietnam,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(1), April.
- Linh Vu Hoang & Paul Glewwe, 2009. "Impacts of Rising Food Prices on Poverty and Welfare in Vietnam," Working Papers 13, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Cudjoe, Godsway & Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen, 2008.
"Local impacts of a global crisis: Food price transmission and poverty impacts in Ghana,"
IFPRI discussion papers
842, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Cudjoe, Godsway & Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen, 2009. "Local Impacts of a Global Crisis - Food Price Transmission and Poverty Impacts in Ghana," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51089, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cudjoe, Godsway & Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen, 2008. "Local impacts of a global crisis: Food price transmission and poverty impacts in Ghana," GSSP working papers 15, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Frank Asche & Helge Bremnes & Cathy R. Wessells, 1999.
"Product Aggregation, Market Integration, and Relationships between Prices: An Application to World Salmon Markets,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(3), pages 568-581.
- Asche, F. & Bremnes, H. & Wessells, C.R., 1998. "Product Aggregation, Market Integration and Relationships Between Prices: an Application to World Salmon Markets," Papers 27/98, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Brian D. Wright, 2011. "The Economics of Grain Price Volatility," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 33(1), pages 32-58.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.