Aid for agriculture and rural development: A changing landscape with new players and challenges
AbstractThis paper analyses the way aid for agriculture and rural development in the global south has changed over time. It finds three key shifts. First, a change in funding priority that has seen aid commitments move to the social sectors. Second is a shift in
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper WP2013/014.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
aid agriculture; rural development; high-impact investments; venture philanthropy;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-05-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-05-11 (Development)
- NEP-PPM-2013-05-11 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Block, Steven A., 1995. "The recovery of agricultural productivity in sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 385-405, October.
- Harrigan, Jane & Wang, Chengang, 2011. "A New Approach to the Allocation of Aid Among Developing Countries: Is the USA Different from the Rest?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1281-1293, August.
- Klaus Deininger & Derek Byerlee & Jonathan Lindsay & Andrew Norton & Harris Selod & Mercedes Stickler, 2011. "Rising Global Interest in Farmland : Can it Yield Sustainable and Equitable Benefits?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2263, January.
- Kherallah, Mylène & Delgado, Christopher L. & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Minot, Nicholas. & Johnson, Michael., 2000.
"The road half traveled,"
Food policy reports
10, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K. & Yu, Bingxin, 2004.
"Institutions and agricultural productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 169-180, December.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin & Bingxin Yu, 2005. "Institutions and Agricultural Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa," Development and Comp Systems 0502021, EconWPA.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K. & Yu, Bingxin, 2003. "Institutions And Agricultural Productivity In Sub-Sahara Africa," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25818, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Islam, Nurul, 2011. "Foreign aid to agriculture: Review of facts and analysis," IFPRI discussion papers 01053, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
- World Bank, 2002. "Globalization, Growth, and Poverty : Building an Inclusive World Economy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14051, January.
- Hartwich, Frank & Gottret, Maria Veronica & Babu, Suresh Chandra & Tola, Jaime, 2007. "Building public–private partnerships for agricultural innovation in Latin America: Lessons from capacity strengthening," IFPRI discussion papers 699, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Marco Ferroni & Paul Castle, 2011. "Public-Private Partnerships and Sustainable Agricultural Development," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(7), pages 1064-1073, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.