Donor Assistance and Political Reform in Tanzania
AbstractTanzania has been a relative success story in Africa in terms of political reform. While foreign aid has helped strengthen institutions that advance accountability, it simultaneously supports a status quo that undermines accountability and democratization
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Papers with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper WP2012/37.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Tanzania; democratization; accountability; foreign aid; decentralization; public goods;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-07-01 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-07-01 (Development)
- NEP-PBE-2012-07-01 (Public Economics)
- NEP-POL-2012-07-01 (Positive Political Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simeon Djankov & José Garcia Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2005.
"The curse of aid,"
Economics Working Papers
870, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Khemani, Stuti, 2010. "Political economy of infrastructure spending in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5423, The World Bank.
- Fjeldstad, Odd-helge & Semboja, Joseph, 2001. "Why People Pay Taxes: The Case of the Development Levy in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2059-2074, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.