Consequences of Aid Volatility for Macroeconomic Management and Aid Effectiveness
AbstractThis paper reviews both the literature on aid volatility and also adds to that literature. In general, the focus of this literature has been on the volatility of overall aid, while we focus more on the volatility of the individual aid sectors, e.g., educa
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper WP2012/35.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
aid volatility; sector aid; school completion rates; internet users;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2012-07-01 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2012-07-01 (Development)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michel A. Robe & Stephane Pallage, 2000.
"Foreign Aid And The Business Cycle,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2000
107, Society for Computational Economics.
- Stephane Pallage & Michel Robe, 1998. "Foreign Aid and the Business Cycle," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers, CREFE, UniversitÃ© du QuÃ©bec Ã MontrÃ©al 63, CREFE, UniversitÃ© du QuÃ©bec Ã MontrÃ©al.
- Timothy D. Lane & Leslie Lipschitz & Cristina Arellano & Ales Bulir, 2005.
"The Dynamic Implications of Foreign Aid and its Variability,"
IMF Working Papers
05/119, International Monetary Fund.
- Arellano, Cristina & Bulír, Ales & Lane, Timothy & Lipschitz, Leslie, 2009. "The dynamic implications of foreign aid and its variability," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 87-102, January.
- Oya Celasun & Jan Walliser, 2008. "Predictability of aid: Do fickle donors undermine aid effectiveness?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 23, pages 545-594, 07.
- Michael Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004.
"Counting Chickens When They Hatch: The Short-term Effect of Aid on Growth,"
44, Center for Global Development.
- Michael A. Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004. "Counting chickens when they hatch: The short-term effect of aid on growth," International Finance, EconWPA 0407010, EconWPA.
- David Fielding & George Mavrotas, 2008. "Aid Volatility and Donor-Recipient Characteristics in 'Difficult Partnership Countries'," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(299), pages 481-494, 08.
- Sanjay G. Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2006.
"Development Aid and Economic Growth: A Positive Long-Run Relation,"
Working Papers, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs
29, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Minoiu, Camelia & Reddy, Sanjay G., 2010. "Development aid and economic growth: A positive long-run relation," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 27-39, February.
- Fielding, David & Mavrotas, George, 2005.
"The Volatility of Aid,"
Working Paper Series, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER)
DP2005/06, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Santanu Chatterjee & Georgios Sakoulis & Stephen Turnovsky, 2000.
"Unilateral Capital Transfers, Public Investment, and Economic Growth,"
Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington, Department of Economics at the University of Washington
0008, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Chatterjee, Santanu & Sakoulis, Georgios & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2003. "Unilateral capital transfers, public investment, and economic growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 1077-1103, December.
- Santanu Chatterjee & Georgios Sakoulis & Stephen Turnovsky, 2000. "Unilateral Capital Transfers, Public Investment, and Economic Growth," Working Papers 0008, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Santanu Chatterjee & Georgios Sakoulis & Stephen Turnovsky, 2000. "Unilateral Capital Transfers, Public Investment, and Economic Growth," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1936, Econometric Society.
- Neanidis, Kyriakos C. & Varvarigos, Dimitrios, 2009. "The allocation of volatile aid and economic growth: Theory and evidence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 447-462, December.
- George Mavrotas & Bazoumana Ouattara, 2007. "Aid Modalities and Budgetary Response: Panel Data Evidence," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 143(4), pages 720-741, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.