Resource-Poor Farmers in South India: On the Margins or Frontiers of Globalization?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number RP2006/97.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
globalization; poverty; agriculture; contracts; India;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ann Harrison, 2007.
"Globalization and Poverty,"
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number harr06-1.
- Sunil KANWAR & Elisabeth SADOULET, 2008. "Dynamic Output Response Revisited: The Indian Cash Crops," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 46(3), pages 217-241.
- Aggarwal, Rimjhim M., 2005. "Globalization, Local Ecosystems, and the Rural Poor," Working Paper Series RP2005/28, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis & Sengupta, Kunal, 1987. "Small Farmers, Moneylenders and Trading Activity," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(2), pages 333-42, June.
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 72-115, March.
- Jagdish Bhagwati, 2002. "Trade and Poverty in the Poor Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 180-183, May.
- Landes, Rip & Gulati, Ashok, 2003. "Policy Reform and Farm Sector Adjustment in India," Policy Reform and Adjustment Workshop, October 23-25, 2003, Imperial College London, Wye Campus 15735, International Agricultural Policy Reform and Adjustment Project (IAPRAP).
- Bell, Clive, 1988. "Credit markets and interlinked transactions," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 763-830 Elsevier.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.