Aid Allocation and Aid Effectiveness: An Empirical Analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number RP2006/07.
Length: 40 pages
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
aid allocation; aid effectiveness; bilateral aid;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eric Neumayer, 2003. "What Factors Determine the Allocation of Aid by Arab Countries and Multilateral Agencies?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 134-147.
- Alberto Alesina & Beatrice Weder, 1999.
"Do Corrupt Governments Receive Less Foreign Aid?,"
NBER Working Papers
7108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burnside, Craig & Dollar, David, 1997.
"Aid, policies, and growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1777, The World Bank.
- Canavire-Bacarreza, Gustavo & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Thiele, Rainer & Triveño, Luis, 2006.
"Assessing the allocation of aid : developmental concerns and the self-interest of donors,"
Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy
3983, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Gustavo Canavire & Peter Nunnenkamp & Rainer Thiele & Luis Triveño, 2005. "Assessing the Allocation of Aid: Developmental Concerns and the Self-Interest of Donors," Kiel Working Papers 1253, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Dollar, David & Levin, Victoria, 2004. "Increasing selectivity of foreign aid, 1984-2002," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3299, The World Bank.
- Mavrotas, George & Villanger, Espen, 2006. "Multilateral Aid Agencies and Strategic Donor Behaviour," Working Paper Series DP2006/02, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Trumbull, William N & Wall, Howard J, 1994. "Estimating Aid-Allocation Criteria with Panel Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(425), pages 876-82, July.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2003. "Why conditional aid does not work and what can be done about it?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 381-402, April.
- Alberto Alesina & David Dollar, 1998.
"Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?,"
NBER Working Papers
6612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maizels, Alfred & Nissanke, Machiko K., 1984. "Motivations for aid to developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 879-900, September.
- P. Lundborg, 1998. "Foreign Aid and International Support as a Gift Exchange," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 127-142, 07.
- McGillivray, Mark, 2004. "Descriptive and prescriptive analyses of aid allocation: Approaches, issues, and consequences," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 275-292.
- White, Howard, 2004. "Trends in the volume and allocation of official flows from donor countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 233-244.
- Alesina, Alberto & Weder, Beatrice, 2002. "Do Corrupt Governments Receive Less Foreign Aid?," Scholarly Articles 4553011, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- J. Atsu Amegashie & Bazoumana Ouattara, 2011. "An Empirical Inquiry into the Nature of Welfarism," CESifo Working Paper Series 3318, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sergio Tezanos Vazquez (ICEI and QEH), . "The Geographical Allocation Pattern of Spanish Official Development Assistance," QEH Working Papers qehwps152, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Raghbendra Jha & T. Palanivel, 2007.
"Resource Augmentation for Meeting the Millennium Development Goals in the Asia Pacific Region,"
ASARC Working Papers
2007-02, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Raghbendra Jha & T. Palanivel, 2007. "Resource Augmentation for Meeting the Millennium Development Goals in the Asia Pacific Region," Departmental Working Papers 2007-02, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Szent-Ivanyi, Balazs, 2010. "Aid Allocation of the Emerging Central and Eastern European Donors," MPRA Paper 30234, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gaoussou Diarra, 2011. "Aid unpredictability and absorptive capacity: analyzing disbursement delays in Africa," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 1004-1017.
- Baliamoune-Lutz, Mina N. & Mavrotas, George, 2008.
"Aid Effectiveness: Looking at the Aid-Social Capital-Growth Nexus,"
Working Paper Series
RP2008/75, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz & George Mavrotas, 2009. "Aid Effectiveness: Looking at the Aid-Social Capital-Growth Nexus," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(s1), pages 510-525, 08.
- Katharina Stepping, 2012. "The determinants of selection and allocation decisions for health assistance. Which role do health indicators play?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201231, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Alessia Isopi & Fabrizio Mattesini, 2008. "Aid and Corruption: Do Donors Use Development Assistance to Provide the “Right” Incentives?," CEIS Research Paper 121, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 14 Jul 2008.
- Alessia Isopi & Fabrizio Mattesini, . "Good Donors or Good Recipients? A Repeated Moral Hazard Model of Aid Allocation," Discussion Papers 09/10, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.