Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Developing Countries
AbstractHow does innovation impact on development? How, and under what conditions, do entrepreneurs in developing countries innovate? And what can be done to support innovation by entrepreneurs in developing countries? This policy brief addresses these questions and explains the relationship between entrepreneurship, innovation and development. Policy lessons are drawn from historical, cross-country and individual country experiences.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Policy Brief Pb2011/01.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
innovation; entrepreneurship; developing countries;
Other versions of this item:
- Wim Naude & Adam Szirmai & Micheline Goedhuys, 2011. "Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Developing Countries," Working Papers id:4460, eSocialSciences.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wim Naudé, 2011. "The Global Financial Crisis and Development: Implications for the Entrepreneurial Economy," Working Papers 2011/01, Maastricht School of Management.
- Gries, Thomas & Naude, Wim, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship, Structural Change and a Global Economic Crisis,"
Working Paper Series
wp2010-57, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gries Thomas & Naude Wim, 2011. "Entrepreneurship, Structural Change and a Global Economic Crisis," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 1(3), pages 1-43, July.
- Szirmai, Adam, 2011. "Angus Maddison and Development Economics," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 035, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.