Economic Polarization Through Trade: Trade Liberalization and Regional Growth in Mexico
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper DP2003/60.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
economic growth; regional disparities; trade; integration; polarization; Mexico;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krugman, Paul & Elizondo, Raul Livas, 1996.
"Trade policy and the Third World metropolis,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 137-150, April.
- Markusen, James R. & Melvin, James R. & Maskus, Keith E. & Kaempfer, William, 1995. "International trade: theory and evidence," MPRA Paper 21989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Krugman, Paul R, 1993. "The Narrow and Broad Arguments for Free Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 362-66, May.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- José Ernesto López Córdova & Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2003. "Regional Integration and Productivity: The Experiences of Brazil and Mexico," IDB Publications 23438, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Javier Sánchez-Reaza, 2002. "The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Regional Disparities in Mexico," Growth and Change, Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, vol. 33(1), pages 72-90.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-99, June.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 1996. "Economic integration, intraindustry trade, and frontier regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 941-949, April.
- V. Hugo Juan-Ramon & Luis Rivera-Batiz, 1996. "Regional Growth in Mexico: 1970-1993," IMF Working Papers 96/92, International Monetary Fund.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 1998.
"Regional adjustment to trade liberalization,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 419-444, July.
- Venables, Anthony J, 1998. "The Assessment: Trade and Location," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 1-6, Summer.
- Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1991.
"Trade, knowledge spillovers, and growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 517-526, April.
- repec:idb:brikps:22958 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andr�s Rodr�guez-Pose & Nicholas Gill, 2004. "Is there a global link between regional disparities and devolution?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(12), pages 2097-2117, December.
- Dao-Zhi Zeng & Laixun Zhao, 2007.
"Globalization, Interregional and International Inequalities,"
Discussion Paper Series
209, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Zeng, Dao-Zhi & Zhao, Laixun, 2010. "Globalization, interregional and international inequalities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 352-361, May.
- Ravi Kanbur, 2005.
"Spatial Inequality and Development: Overview of UNU-WIDER Project,"
- Kanbur, Ravi & Venables, Anthony J., 2005. "SPATIAL INEQUALITY AND DEVELOPMENT Overview of UNU-WIDER Project," Working Papers 127127, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Escobar Gamboa, Octavio Romano, 2009. "IDE entrants, exportations et productivité manufacturière : les différentes performances des régions mexicaines," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/3850 edited by Guillochon, Bernard, September.
- Zhao Chen & Yu Jin & Ming Lu, 2005. "Economic Opening and Industrial agglomeration in China," Industrial Organization 0511012, EconWPA.
- Georg Hirte & Christian Lessmann, 2014. "Trade, Integration, and Interregional Inequality," CESifo Working Paper Series 4799, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marius Brülhart, .
"The Spatial Effects of Trade Openness: A Survey,"
10/10, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Marius Brülhart, 2011. "The spatial effects of trade openness: a survey," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 147(1), pages 59-83, April.
- Baylis, Katherine R. & Garduno-Rivera, Rafael & Piras, Gianfranco, 2009.
"The distributional effects of NAFTA in Mexico: evidence from a panel of municipalities,"
2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
49463, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Baylis, Kathy & Garduño-Rivera, Rafael & Piras, Gianfranco, 2012. "The distributional effects of NAFTA in Mexico: Evidence from a panel of municipalities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 286-302.
- Guillermo E. Perry & Omar S. Arias & J. Humberto López & William F. Maloney & Luis Servén, 2006. "Poverty Reduction and Growth : Virtuous and Vicious Circles," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6997, July.
- Inmaculada C. Alvarez Ayuso & Osvaldo U. Becerril Torres & Laura E. del Moral Barrera, 2011. "The effect of infrastructures on total factor productivity and its determinants: a study on Mexico," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 26(1), pages 97-122.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.