Financing the New Economy. Financial Institutions and Corporate Governance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper DP2001/4.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
High technology finance; Venture capital; Financial systems; Financial regulation;
Other versions of this item:
- Mayer, Colin, 2002. "Financing the New Economy: financial institutions and corporate governance," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 311-326, June.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1995.
" What Do We Know about Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1421-60, December.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1994. "What Do We Know About Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data," NBER Working Papers 4875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kang, Jun-Koo & Stulz, Rene M, 2000. "Do Banking Shocks Affect Borrowing Firm Performance? An Analysis of the Japanese Experience," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Eric Maskin, 2004.
"Credit and efficiency in centralized and decentralized economies,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/9605, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dewatripont, M & Maskin, E, 1995. "Credit and Efficiency in Centralized and Decentralized Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 541-55, October.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Eric Maskin, 1995. "Credit and efficiency in centralized and decentralized economies," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9603, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mayer, Colin, 1987.
"New Issues in Corporate Finance,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
181, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1999.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 471-517, 04.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," NBER Working Papers 6625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Koski, Heli & Rouvinen, Petri & Yla-Anttila, Pekka, 2001.
"ICT Clusters in Europe. The Great Central Banana and the Small Nordic Potato,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Koski, H. & Rouvinen, P. & Yla-Anttila, P., 2002. "ICT clusters in Europe The great central banana and the small Nordic potato," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 145-165, June.
- Kaplan, Steven N, 1994. "Top Executive Rewards and Firm Performance: A Comparison of Japan and the United States," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(3), pages 510-46, June.
- Rune Stenbacka, 2002. "Microeconomic Policies in the New Economy," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 59-75, Autumn.
- A. Bozkaya & B. Van Pottelsberghe De La Potterie, 2008.
"Who Funds Technology-Based Small Firms? Evidence From Belgium,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 17(1-2), pages 97-122.
- ANT Bozkaya & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2004. "Who Funds Technology-Based Small Firms? Evidence from Belgium," Working Papers CEB 04-027.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & ANT Bozkaya, 2008. "Who funds technology-based small firms? Evidence from Belgium," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/6387, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Werner Hölzl, 2003.
"Convergence of financial systems: Towards an evolutionary perspective,"
geewp31, Vienna University of Economics and B.A. Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- H Lzl, Werner, 2006. "Convergence of financial systems: towards an evolutionary perspective," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 67-90, April.
- Astrid Romain & ANT Bozkaya & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2003.
"Surveying technology-based small firms: a perspective from Belgium,"
Working Papers CEB
04-020.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bozkaya, Ant & Romain, Astrid & Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno van, 2003. "Surveying Technology-Based Small Firms: A Perspective From Belgium," IIR Working Paper 03-23, Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Matthew Clarke, 2006. "Are the development policy implications of the new economy, new? All that is old is new again," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 639-648.
- Hirokazu Takizawa, 2003. "Property Rights and the New Institutional Arrangement for Product Innovation in Silicon Valley," Discussion papers 03009, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Valérie Revest & Sandro Sapio, 2008. "Financing Technology-Based Small Firms in Europe: a review of the empirical evidence," LEM Papers Series 2008/23, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Andrea Schertler, 2002. "Under What Conditions Do Venture Capital Markets Emerge?," Kiel Working Papers 1119, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.