Cost Structure In Indonesian Islamic Banks: (Case on PT. Bank Syariah Mandiri and PT. Bank Syariah Mega Indonesia)
AbstractThis paper tries to observe the cost structure in two prominent Islamic banks in Indonesia. The Bank’s cost structures are viewed in many ways such as operational and non-operational costs, and fund costs and non-fund costs. The study employed descriptive analysis to explain the data characteristics from the banks and tried to make evaluation by comparing the data within the same time. The result of the study showed that there was a similarity about those Islamic bank’s cost structures behavior, but there were also some differences among those within the study period. By using inferential statistics method, especially with meandifferences test, the study demonstrated that the null-hypothesis was rejected which means that there were differences about the cost structures between both Islamic banks within the period.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Management and Business, Padjadjaran University in its series Working Papers in Business, Management and Finance with number 201008.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2010
Date of revision: Aug 2010
operational cost; non-operational cost; islamic banks;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2010-12-04 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2010-12-04 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-SEA-2010-12-04 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berger, Allen N, 1995. "The Profit-Structure Relationship in Banking--Tests of Market-Power and Efficient-Structure Hypotheses," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 404-31, May.
- Lloyd-Williams, D. M. & Molyneux, Phil & Thornton, John, 1994. "Market structure and performance in Spanish banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 433-443, May.
- Fadzlan Sufian, 2007. "The efficiency of Islamic banking industry in Malaysia: Foreign vs domestic banks," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(3), pages 174-192, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aldrin Herwany).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.