Measuring Skill-upgrading in the Dutch Labor Market
AbstractAn important factor of shifts in the skills composition of the workforceis the upgrading of the qualifications demanded in the variousjobs in the economy, the so-called skill-upgrading. This skill-upgradingis principally caused by the development of new technologies that demandmore or different skills to be efficiently operated or by organizationalchanges that lead to increase the skills demanded to perfomthe tasks of the various occupations. Drawing from the microeconomicfoundations of demand shifts, this paper presents an empiricalmethodology to estimate the speed of skill-upgrading in different periods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA) in its series ROA Working Paper with number 003.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
education; training and the labour market;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kadas, Sandor A. & Klafszky, Emil, 1976. "Estimation of the parameters in the gravity model for trip distribution : A new method and solution algorithm," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 439-457, December.
- van Eijs, Patrick & Borghans, Lex, 1996. "The use of RAS in manpower forecasting: A microeconomic approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 257-287, April.
- Evans, Graham J & Lindley, Robert M, 1973. " The Use of RAS and Related Models in Manpower Forecasting," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 13(1-2), pages 53-73.
- Dupuy,Arnaud & Borghans,Lex, 2003.
"Supply and Demand, Allocation and Wage Inequality: An International Comparison,"
ROA Research Memorandum
009, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Arnaud Dupuy & Lex Borghans, 2005. "Supply and demand, allocation and wage inequality: an international comparison," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 1073-1088.
- Dupuy, Arnaud & Borghans, Lex, 2003. "Supply and Demand, Allocation and Wage Inequality: An International Comparison," IZA Discussion Papers 907, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cörvers Frank & Dupuy Arnaud & Dijksman Sander & Golsteyn Bart & Kriechel Ben & Montizaan Raymond, 2010. "Methodik Arbeitsmarktprognosen und -indikatoren 2005-2010," ROA Technical Report 001, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Dupuy Arnaud, 2009. "An evaluation of the forecast of the indicator of the labour market gap," ROA Technical Report 003, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charles Bollen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.