European Perspectives on Export Performance Determinants: An Exploratory Study
AbstractThis exploratory study discusses main antecedents of export performance based on the perceptions of European export managers. Cross-national findings reveal that according to managerial perceptions the most important determinants of export performance are product quality, followed in importance by price competitiveness/value for money, service quality and relationship with importers/trust. While some of these determinants have been extensively researched in the literature (product and service quality), there are others in which there is limited empirical research (price competitiveness/value for money and relationship with importers/trust). Also of interest is the existence of specific issues that are not considered by managers as being top determinants, but are the focus of extensive research. Based on these findings the authors suggest several potentially fruitful streams of research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia in its series FEUNL Working Paper Series with number wp444.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.fe.unl.pt
Qualitative Study; Export Performance; Export Marketing; Cross-National;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2005-12-20 (European Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2005-12-20 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leonidou, Leonidas C. & Katsikeas, Constantine S. & Samiee, Saeed, 2002. "Marketing strategy determinants of export performance: a meta-analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 51-67, January.
- Tamer Cavusgil, S. & (Manek) Kirpalani, V. H., 1993. "Introducing products into export markets: Success factors," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 1-15, May.
- Philip J Rosson & I David Ford, 1982. "Manufacturer-Overseas Distributor Relations and export Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 13(2), pages 57-72, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sean Story).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.