EC regionalism at the turn of the millennium: towards a new paradigm?
AbstractThe paper examines the development of regional trade agreements (RTAs) between the European Community (EC) and its partners during the past decade. It finds that EC regionalism has recently entered a new phase: regional trade agreements with countries outside Europe. As a result of parallel initiatives by the United States, the world trading system finds itself in virgin, and potentially dangerous, territory.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its series ULB Institutional Repository with number 2013/8140.
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in: The World Economy (2000)
Other versions of this item:
- André Sapir, 2000. "EC Regionalism at the Turn of the Millennium: Toward a New Paridigm?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(9), pages 1135-1148, 09.
- Sapir, André, 2000. "EC Regionalism at the Turn of the Millennium: Towards a New Paradigm?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2629, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anne O. Krueger, 1999. "Are Preferential Trading Arrangements Trade-Liberalizing or Protectionist?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 105-124, Fall.
- Baldwin, Richard, 1997.
"The Causes of Regionalism,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1599, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1998. "The New Regionalism," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1149-61, July.
- repec:fth:coluec:9596-04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sapir, André, 2000. "Who is Afraid of Globalization? The Challenge of Domestic Adjustment in Europe and America," CEPR Discussion Papers 2595, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.