Vers une convergence des modèles? une réflexion à la lumière des expériences européennes de réforme des systèmes d'enseignement supérieur
AbstractIn this paper we compare the institutional evolution of the higher education systems in France and England from 1980 onwards. These two systems are interesting case-studies as they correspond to two topical opposite positions in terms of their elaborative structures :the French system was originally centralised whereas the English model was decentralised. The optimal way to reform higher education systems is different in both cases (and easier in a decentralised setting due to the noncooperative behaviour of higher education institutions). We show that England faced a centralising movement (especially since 1988) whereas in France a decentralising movement was a precondition for effective reforms. In a long run perspective there seems to be some convergence between the 2 models as well as institutional change.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its series ULB Institutional Repository with number 2013/14485.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Publication status: Forthcoming
Other versions of this item:
- Jean Luc De Meulemeester, 2008. "Vers une convergence des modèles? une réflexion à la lumière des expériences européennes de réforme des systèmes d'enseignement supérieur," DULBEA Working Papers 08-15.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- P59 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Demeulemeester Jean-Luc & Diebolt Claude, 2009.
"Education and Growth: What Links for Which Policy?,"
09-03, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Jean-Luc Demeulemeester & Claude Diebolt, 2011. "Education and Growth: What Links for Which Policy?," Historical Social Research (Section 'Cliometrics'), Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 36(4), pages 323-346.
- Oscar Bernal Diaz & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2008.
"Observing bailout expectations during a total eclipse of the sun,"
Working Papers CEB
08-015.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bernal, Oscar & Oosterlinck, Kim & Szafarz, Ariane, 2010. "Observing bailout expectations during a total eclipse of the sun," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1193-1205, November.
- Oscar Bernal Diaz & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2009. "Observing bailout expectations during a total eclipse of the sun," DULBEA Working Papers 09-01.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Charles Plaigin, 2009. "Exploratory study on the presence of cultural and institutional growth spillovers," DULBEA Working Papers 09-03.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Ariane Szafarz, 2008.
"Labor market discrimination as an agency cost,"
DULBEA Working Papers
08-19.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.