Valutazione di opzioni exchange attraverso la simulazione Monte Carlo e stima delle sensitivita'
AbstractExchange options give the holder the right to exchange the asset V for the asset D. They present an important role for the evaluation of investment projects which have uncertainty both in the gross value (underlying asset) and in the investment costs (exercise price). In this paper we propose to elaborate some MATLAB algorithms to estimate exchange options with Monte Carlo simulation. Then, through the estimate and analysis of sensitivity, we compare the most important exchange options emphasizing the american sequential exchange option.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia in its series Quaderni DSEMS with number 10-2004.
Date of creation: Oct 2004
Date of revision:
Exchange Options; Real Options; Monte Carlo Simulation;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giovanni Villani, 2004. "Valutazione di progetti di investimento e-commerce attraverso le opzioni reali," Quaderni DSEMS 06-2004, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
- Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul, 1997. "Pricing American-style securities using simulation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1323-1352, June.
- Geske, Robert & Johnson, Herb E, 1984. " The American Put Option Valued Analytically," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(5), pages 1511-24, December.
- Carr, Peter P, 1988. " The Valuation of Sequential Exchange Opportunities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1235-56, December.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 2002. "Monte Carlo valuation of American options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 271-286.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luca Grilli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.