¿Qué MERCOSUR y qué Uruguay se necesitan? Apuntes para entender requerimientos recíprocos
AbstractThe paper develops two questions. The first is related of what the Uruguay might be expected from the MERCOSUR. The paper concludes highlighting the requisite of sharing a common will among the members country to advance in the integration process. While in the present time the MERCOSUR has sign to be exhausted and gives the idea of a syndrome of fear to the integration and its deepening. For Uruguay it is necessary to develop a double strategy which considers the opportunity of the trade agreements but that also observes its limitations and restrictions. In operative terms is necessary to have a Plan A that wants to achieve a advance of the fear to integration and the MERCOSUR as a façade. Simultaneously it is necessary to take into account that this syndrome could be difficult to change in the short term. So it would be necessary to have an alternative strategy - Plan B- for this contingency. The Uruguayan foreign policy challenge is to combine both strategies, linking the rhythms and intensities
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics - dECON in its series Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) with number 1504.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Constituyente 1502, 6to piso, CP 11200, Montevideo
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://www.fcs.edu.uy/subcategoria.php?SubCatId=48&CatId=53
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-01 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:rmc:serred:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pablo Sanguinetti & Iulia Traistaru & Christian Volpe Martincus, 2004.
"Economic Integration and Location of Manufacturing Activities: Evidence from Mercosur,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa04p609, European Regional Science Association.
- Sanguinetti, Pablo & Traistaru, Iulia & Volpe Martincus, Christian, 2004. "Economic integration and location of manufacturing activities: Evidence from MERCOSUR," ZEI Working Papers B 11-2004, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- María Inés Terra & Marcel Vaillant, 1998. "Política comercial y política de infraestructura: un ejercicio de simulación de los impactos regionales en el MERCOSUR," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0797, Department of Economics - dECON.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Irene Musio) or (Héctor Pastori).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.