Welfare properties and core for a competitive equilibrium without divisible
AbstractWe study welfare and core equivalence for a competitive equilibrium defined on an economy where all commodities are indivisible at the individual level, but perfectly divisible at the aggregate level. In our model is assumed that thereexists a continuum parameter, which can be interpreted as fiat money and does not participate in the preferences of individuals and could be used to facilitate exchange. Given the existence of equilibria with a strictly positive price of fiat money, we establish a core equivalence result, and First and Second Welfare Theorems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Chile, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number wp213.
Date of creation: Jan 2005
Date of revision:
indivisible goods; competitive equilibrium; Pareto optimum; core.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Broome, John, 1972. "Approximate equilibrium in economies with indivisible commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 224-249, October.
- Ali Khan, M. & Yamazaki, Akira, 1981. "On the cores of economies with indivisible commodities and a continuum of traders," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 218-225, April.
- Florig, Michael, 2001. "Hierarchic competitive equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 515-546, July.
- Martine Quinzii, 1982. "Core and Competitive Equilibria with Indivisibilities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 644, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Alexander Konovalov, 2005. "The core of an economy with satiation," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 711-719, 04.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1977. "Indivisible commodities and general equilibrium theory," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 443-456, December.
- Shapley, Lloyd & Scarf, Herbert, 1974. "On cores and indivisibility," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 23-37, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federico Huneeus).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.