The equilibrium manifold with Boundary constraints on the Consumption sets
AbstractIn this paper we consider a class of pure exchange economies in which the consumption plans may be restricted to be above a minimal level. This class is parameterised by the initial endowments and the constraints on the consumption. We show that the demand functions are locally Lipschitzian and almost everywhere continuously differentiable even if some constraints may be binding. We then study the equilibrium manifold that is the graph of the correspondence which associates the equilibrium price vectors to the parameters. Using an adapted definition of regularity, we show that: the set of regular economies is open and of full measure; for each regular economy, there exists a finite odd number of equilibria and for each equilibrium price, there exists a local differentiable selection of the equilibrium manifold which selects the given price vector. In the last section, we show that the above results hold true when the constraints are fixed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Chile, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number wp196.
Date of creation: Oct 2002
Date of revision:
demand function; general equilibrium; regular economies.;
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Jorge Rivera Cayupi, 2003. "The equilibrium manifold with boundary constraints on the consumption sets," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 30(2 Year 20), pages 225-240, December.
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Debreu, Gerard, 1970.
"Economies with a Finite Set of Equilibria,"
Econometric Society, vol. 38(3), pages 387-92, May.
- Radner, Roy, 1979. "Rational Expectations Equilibrium: Generic Existence and the Information Revealed by Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 655-78, May.
- del Mercato, Elena L., 2006.
"Existence of competitive equilibria with externalities: A differential viewpoint,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(4-5), pages 525-543, August.
- Elena Laureana Del Mercato, 2004. "Existence of competitive equilibria with externalities : a differential viewpoint," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b04078, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Elena L. del Mercato, 2005.
"Competitive equilibria with consumption possibility depending on endowments : a global analysis,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
b05085, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00159638 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00197474 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federico Huneeus).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.