Aggregate Shocks, Poor Household and Children: Transmission Channels and Policy Responses
AbstractThe global financial crisis that erupted in 2008 coupled with food and fuel price volatility are likely to affect developing countries, and within them the vast majority of the world's poor population in profound ways. This paper maps the different channels through which their effects could be transmitted to the developing world, and it illustrates a basic framework of shock transmission to a developing country from the macro-levels -- considering also possible adverse feedback effects.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UNICEF,Division of Policy and Strategy in its series Working papers with number 0901.
Length: 62 pages
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 3 United Nations Plaza
Phone: +1 212 326 7000
Fax: +1 212 888 7454
Web page: http://www.unicef.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ronald Mendoza & Ronald, 2010. "Inclusive Crises, Exclusive Recoveries, and Policies to Prevent a Double Whammy for the Poor," Working papers 1004, UNICEF,Division of Policy and Strategy.
- Olalekan, Olawuyi Seyi & Olapade-Ogunwole, Fola & Raufu, Mufutau Oyedapo, 2011. "Shocks and Coping Strategies of Rural Households: Evidence from Ogo-Oluwa Local Government, Oyo State, Nigeria," International Journal of Agricultural Management and Development (IJAMAD), Iranian Association of Agricultural Economics, vol. 1(4), December.
- Delphine Boutin, 2011. "D'une crise à l'autre : mesurer l'impact des prix alimentaires sur la pauvreté," Working Papers hal-00637608, HAL.
- Cader, Azra Abdul & Perera, Lakwimashi, 2011. "Understanding the Impact of the Economic Crisis on Child and Maternal Health among the Poor: Opportunities for South Asia," ADBI Working Papers 293, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Isabel Ortiz & Matthew Cummins, 2011.
"Global Inequality: Beyond the Bottom Billion – A Rapid Review of Income Distribution in 141 Countries,"
1105, UNICEF,Division of Policy and Strategy.
- Isabel Ortiz & Matthew Cummins, 2011. "Global Inequality: Beyond the Bottom Billion – A Rapid Review of Income Distribution in 141 Countries," Working papers 1102, UNICEF,Division of Policy and Strategy.
- Delphine Boutin, 2011. "D’une crise à l’autre : Mesurer l’impact des prix alimentaires sur la pauvreté," Larefi Working Papers 1106, Larefi, Université Bordeaux 4.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Clara Osorio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.