L'impatto economico dell'Universita' del Piemonte Orientale "Amedeo Avogadro": un aggiornamento al 2008
AbstractThis paper measures, for year 2008, the short term economic impact of the University of Piemonte Orientale (Italy) on the geographic area which defines its demographic recruitment basin. The 3 poles University has a significant impact on current flows (income, consumption, investments, employment ) even if the main effect is the strong increase in human capital accumulation in the area, a phenomenon whose implications reach the medium long term horizon. The overall , direct and indirect economic impact is about 150-300 millions on local income and about 3500-6000 units on local employment, according to different (low and high) multiplier.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS in its series POLIS Working Papers with number 132.
Length: 80 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://polis.unipmn.it
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education and Research Institutions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-10 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Orso, Cristina Elisa, 2009. "Formal and informal sectors: Interactions between moneylenders and traditional banks in the rural Indian credit market," POLIS Working Papers 135, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Marchese, Carla & Ramello, Giovanni B., 2010.
"In the beginning was the Word. Now is the Copyright,"
POLIS Working Papers
140, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Marchese Carla & Ramello Giovanni B., 2011. "In the Beginning Was the Word. Now is the Copyright," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 271-289, October.
- Biswas, Rongili & Marchese, Carla & Privileggi, Fabio, 2009. "Tax evasion in a principal-agent model with self-protection," POLIS Working Papers 138, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Giuranno, Michele, 2009. "The logic of party coalitions with political activism and public financing," POLIS Working Papers 134, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucia Padovani).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.