Measuring Unemployment and Structural Unemeployment
AbstractThis paper, which is to be published as a chapter in the Handbook of Social Choice and Welfare, provides a survey of Utilitarianism as a theory of justice. We review and discuss axiomatizations of Utilitarian and Generalized-Utilitarian social-evaluation functionals in a welfarist framework. In addition, we analyze extensions of Utilitarian principles to variable-population environments and to situations in which the alternatives resulting from choices among feasible actions are not known with certainty.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UBC Department of Economics in its series UBC Departmental Archives with number 99-21.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
UNEMPLOYMENT ; LABOUR MARKET;
Other versions of this item:
- W. Craig Riddell, 2000. "Measuring Unemployment and Structural Unemployment," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 26(s1), pages 101-108, July.
- W Craig Riddell, . "Measuring Unemployment and Structural Unemployment," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 34, McMaster University.
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, .
"The Measurement Of Unemployment: An Empirical Approach,"
Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers
09, McMaster University.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 1999. "The Measurement of Unemployment: An Empirical Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(1), pages 147-162, January.
- Jones, S.R.G. & Riddell, W.C., 1993. "The Measurement of Unemployment: An Empirical Approach," UBC Departmental Archives 93-48, UBC Department of Economics.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 1998. "Unemployment and Labor Force Attachment: A Multistate Analysis of Nonemployment," NBER Chapters, in: Labor Statistics Measurement Issues, pages 123-155 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & Craig Riddell, 2000. "The Dynamics of US Labor Force Attachment," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0011, Econometric Society.
- Andrew Sharpe & Anne-Marie Shaker, 2007. "Indicators of Labour Market Conditions in Canada," CSLS Research Reports 2007-03, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maureen Chin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.