Paretian Aggregation of Asymmetric Utility Functionals
AbstractAn analogue of Harsanyi's social aggregation theorem for von Neumann-Morgenstern utility functions is presented for asymmetric utility functionals.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UBC Department of Economics in its series UBC Departmental Archives with number 96-10.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
SOCIAL WELFARE; INFORMATION; UTILITY FUNCTION; MATHEMATICS;
Other versions of this item:
- Turunen-Red, Arja H. & Weymark, John A., 1996. "Paretian aggregation of asymmetric utility functionals," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 39-45, October.
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Epstein, Larry G & Segal, Uzi, 1992. "Quadratic Social Welfare Functions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 691-712, August.
- Fishburn, Peter C. & Gehrlein, William V., 1987. "Aggregation theory for SSB utility functionals," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 352-369, August.
- John C. Harsanyi, 1955. "Cardinal Welfare, Individualistic Ethics, and Interpersonal Comparisons of Utility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 309.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maureen Chin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.