The Basic Dynamics of the Stock of Money and Capital
AbstractWe present in this paper a model that explains the role of the external financing of capital in the evolution of a primitive economy constituted by families and firms. Our aim is to clarify which are the essential financial elements that in more complex and advanced economies could explain the evolution of their financial structures towards fragility. Now we begin studying the stability of the financial structure of a rudimentary economy with endogenous money.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History) in its series Working Papers in Economic Theory with number 2004/01.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Francisco Tomás y Valiente, 5, 28049 Madrid
Web page: http://www.uam.es/departamentos/economicas/analecon/default.html
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2007-01-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2007-01-14 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mehrling, Perry, 1999. "The vision of Hyman P. Minsky," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 129-158, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raúl López-Pérez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.