Commuters’ valuation of travel time variability in Barcelona
AbstractThe value given by commuters to the variability of travel times is empirically analysed using stated preference data from Barcelona (Spain). Respondents are asked to choose between alternatives that differ in terms of cost, average travel time, variability of travel times and departure time. Different specifications of a scheduling choice model are used to measure the influence of various socioeconomic characteristics. Our results show that travel time variability.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona in its series Working Papers with number wpdea0701.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Campus Bellaterra. 08193 Bellaterra.
Phone: 34-93 581 1680
Fax: 34-93 581 2292
Web page: http://www.uab.cat/departament/economia-aplicada/
More information through EDIRC
travel time variability; value of time; commuting; stated preference;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenneth A. Small & Clifford Winston & Jia Yan, 2005.
"Uncovering the Distribution of Motorists' Preferences for Travel Time and Reliability,"
Econometric Society, vol. 73(4), pages 1367-1382, 07.
- Small, Kenneth A. & Winston, Clifford & Yan, Jia, 2005. "Uncovering the Distribution of Motorists' Preferences for Travel Time and Reliability," Working paper 179, Regulation2point0.
- Lam, Terence C. & Small, Kenneth A., 0.
"The value of time and reliability: measurement from a value pricing experiment,"
Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 231-251, April.
- Lam, T.C. & Small, K.A., 2000. "The Value of Time and Reliability: Measurement from a Value Pricing Experiment," Papers 00-02, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Lam, Terence C. & Small, Kenneth A., 2003. "The Value of Time and Reliability: Measurement from a Value Pricing Experiment," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt47s4z7z5, University of California Transportation Center.
- Noland, Robert B. & Small, Kenneth A. & Koskenoja, Pia Maria & Chu, Xuehao, 1998.
"Simulating travel reliability,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 535-564, September.
- Noland, Robert B. & Small, Kenneth A. & Koskenoja, Pia Maria & Chu, Xuehao, 1997. "Simulating Travel Reliability," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt30w220k0, University of California Transportation Center.
- Noland, R.B. & Small, K.A. & Koskenoja, P.M. & Chu, X., 1996. "Simulating Travel Reliability," Papers 95-96-7, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Robert B. Noland & John W. Polak, 2002. "Travel time variability: A review of theoretical and empirical issues," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 39-54, January.
- Small, Kenneth A, 1982. "The Scheduling of Consumer Activities: Work Trips," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 467-79, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Miquel Colobran).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.