A comment on Siegfried's first lesson in econometrics
AbstractIn an insightful, and delightfully short, paper that was published in the Journal of Political Economy in 1970, Siegfried provided an im- portant lesson about econometric methodology for all budding young econometricians. Unfortunately, there is a mistake in that paper. This short comment provides a simple correction for that mistake. This correction will hopefully enable econometrics students to obtain the fundamental insights from Siegfried's paper with less confusion than might otherwise have been the case.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by School of Economics, La Trobe University in its series Working Papers with number 2013.02.
Length: 4 pages
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Econometrics; Education; Methodology;
Other versions of this item:
- Damien S. Eldridge, 2014. "A Comment On Siegfried'S First Lesson In Econometrics," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 503-504, 01.
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-11 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Scoglio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.