New Evidence on FDI-Led Growth: The Case of China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 1107.
Date of creation: Oct 2011
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2011-11-01 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2011-11-01 (Development)
- NEP-FDG-2011-11-01 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-INT-2011-11-01 (International Trade)
- NEP-TRA-2011-11-01 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jordan Shan, 2002. "A VAR approach to the economics of FDI in China," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 885-893.
- Elissa Braunstein & Gerald Epstein, 2002.
"Bargaining Power and Foreign Direct Investment in China: Can 1.3 Billion Consumers Tame the Multinationals?,"
SCEPA Working Papers
2002-13, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Gerald Epstein & Elissa Braunstein, 2002. "Bargaining Power and Foreign Direct Investment in China: Can 1.3 Billion Consumers Tame the Multinationals?," Working Papers wp45, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Sumei Tang & E. A. Selvanathan & S. Selvanathan, 2008.
"Foreign Direct Investment, Domestic Investment and Economic Growth in China: A Time Series Analysis,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(10), pages 1292-1309, October.
- Tang, Sumei & Selvanathan, E.A. & Selvanathan, S., 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment, Domestic Investment, and Economic Growth in China: A Time Series Analysis," Working Paper Series RP2008/19, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Vinod, Hrishikesh D., 2006. "Maximum entropy ensembles for time series inference in economics," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 955-978, December.
- Hrishikesh D. Vinod & Javier Lopez-de-Lacalle, . "Maximum Entropy Bootstrap for Time Series: The meboot R Package," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 29(i05).
- Andreas Koutris & Maria Heracleous & Aris Spanos, 2008. "Testing for Nonstationarity Using Maximum Entropy Resampling: A Misspecification Testing Perspective," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(4-6), pages 363-384.
- Xiaohui Liu & Peter Burridge & P. J. N. Sinclair, 2002. "Relationships between economic growth, foreign direct investment and trade: evidence from China," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(11), pages 1433-1440.
- Görg, Holger & Greenaway, David, 2003.
"Much Ado About Nothing? Do Domestic Firms Really Benefit from Foreign Direct Investment?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
944, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Holger Görg & David Greenaway, 2004. "Much Ado about Nothing? Do Domestic Firms Really Benefit from Foreign Direct Investment?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 171-197.
- Herzer, Dierk & Klasen, Stephan & Nowak-Lehmann D., Felicitas, 2008. "In search of FDI-led growth in developing countries: The way forward," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 793-810, September.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Laurenceson & Kam Ki Tang, . "The FDI-Income Growth Nexus: a review of the Chinese experience," EAERG Discussion Paper Series 0905, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- James G. MacKinnon, 2002. "Bootstrap inference in econometrics," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 615-645, November.
- Ran, Jimmy & Voon, Jan P. & Li, Guangzhong, 2007. "How does FDI affect China? Evidence from industries and provinces," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 774-799, December.
- Vinod, H. D., 2004. "Ranking mutual funds using unconventional utility theory and stochastic dominance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 353-377, June.
- Hiro Y. Toda & Peter C.B. Phillips, 1991.
"Vector Autoregression and Causality,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
977, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Zapata, Hector O. & Rambaldi, Alicia N., 1996.
"Monte Carlo Evidence On Cointegration And Causation,"
31690, Louisiana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness.
- Zapata, Hector O & Rambaldi, Alicia N, 1997. "Monte Carlo Evidence on Cointegration and Causation," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 59(2), pages 285-98, May.
- A. Talha Yalta, 2011.
"Analyzing Energy Consumption and GDP Nexus Using Maximum Entropy Bootstrap: The Case of Turkey,"
1103, TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Department of Economics.
- Yalta, A. Talha, 2011. "Analyzing energy consumption and GDP nexus using maximum entropy bootstrap: The case of Turkey," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 453-460, May.
- Dees, Stephane, 2001. "The opening policy in China: Simulations of a macroeconometric model," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 397-410, May.
- Mantalos Panagiotis, 2000. "A Graphical Investigation of the Size and Power of the Granger-Causality Tests in Integrated-Cointegrated VAR Systems," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-18, April.
- James G. MacKinnon, 2007. "Bootstrap Hypothesis Testing," Working Papers 1127, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Khawar Mariam, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Analysis," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Changwen Zhao & Jiang Du, 2007. "Causality Between FDI and Economic Growth in China," Chinese Economy, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 40(6), pages 68-82, November.
- Chen, Baizhu & Feng, Yi, 2000. "Determinants of economic growth in China: Private enterprise, education, and openness," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-15.
- Huang, Yasheng, 2003. "One country, two systems: Foreign-invested enterprises and domestic firms in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 404-416.
- Cheung Kui-yin & Lin, Ping, 2004. "Spillover effects of FDI on innovation in China: Evidence from the provincial data," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 25-44.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2002. "Home and Host Country Effects of FDI," NBER Working Papers 9293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luiz de Mello, 1997. "Foreign direct investment in developing countries and growth: A selective survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 1-34.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ismail Saglam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.