On the Role of Tax-Subsidy Scheme in Money Search Models
AbstractThis paper investigates the role of policy in money search models with divisible money. Recently, real indeterminacy of stationary equilibria has been found in both specific and general search models with divisible money. Thus if we assume the divisibility of money, it would be quite difficult to make accurate predictions of the effects of simple monetary policies. Instead, we show that some tax-subsidy schemes select a determinate efficient equilibrium. In other words, for a given efficient equilibrium and for any real number δ > 0, a certain tax-subsidy scheme induces a locally determinate equilibrium within the δ -neighborhood of the given equilibrium. Moreover, the size of the tax-subsidy can be arbitrarily small.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo in its series CIRJE F-Series with number CIRJE-F-323.
Length: 33 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Kazuya Kamiya & Takashi Shimizu, 2007. "On The Role Of Tax Subsidy Scheme In Money Search Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(2), pages 575-606, 05.
- NEP-ALL-2005-03-13 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kazuya Kamiya & Takashi Shimizu, 2010.
"Hysteresis in Dynamic General Equilibrium Models with Cash-in-Advance Constraints,"
CARF-F-232, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Kazuya Kamiya & Takashi Shimizu, 2010. "Hysteresis in Dynamic General Equilibrium Models with Cash-in-Advance Constraints," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-765, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kamiya, Kazuya & Shimizu, Takashi, 2006.
"Real indeterminacy of stationary equilibria in matching models with divisible money,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(4-5), pages 594-617, August.
- Kazuya Kamiya & Takashi Shimizu, 2005. "Real Indeterminacy of Stationary Equilibria in Matching Models with Divisible Money," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-390, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kamiya, Kazuya & Talman, Dolf, 2009. "Matching models with a conservation law: The existence and global structure of the set of stationary equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(5-6), pages 397-413, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.