Asymptotic Properties of the Estimator of the Long-run Coefficient in a Dynamic Model with Integrated Regressors and Serially Correlated Errors
AbstractIn this paper we examine the asymptotic properties of the estimator of the long-run coefficient (LRC) in a dynamic regression model with integrated regressors and serially correlated errors. We show that the OLS estimators of the regression coefficients are inconsistent but the OLS-based estimator of the LRC is superconsistent. Furthermore, we propose an alternative consistent estimator of the LRC, compare the two estimators through a Monte Carlo experiment, and find that the proposed estimator is MSE-superior to the OLS-based estimator.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo in its series CIRJE F-Series with number CIRJE-F-215.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Zonglu He & Koichi Maekawa & Michael McAleer, 2003. "Asymptotic Properties Of The Estimator Of The Long-Run Coefficient In A Dynamic Model With Integrated Regressors And Serially Correlated Errors," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 54(4), pages 420-438.
- Koichi Maekawa & Michael McAleer & Zonglu He, 2001. "Asymptotic Properties of the Estimator of the Long-run Coefficient in a Dynamic Model with Integrated Regressors and Serially Correlated Errors," ISER Discussion Paper 0538, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- NEP-ALL-2003-04-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2003-04-04 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2003-04-02 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-RMG-2003-04-02 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Phillips, P C B, 1987.
"Time Series Regression with a Unit Root,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 277-301, March.
- Tom Doan, . "PPUNIT: RATS procedure to perform Phillips-Perron Unit Root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00160, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985. "Time Series Regression with a Unit Root," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 740R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 1986.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.