Does the Effectiveness of Fiscal Stimulus Depend on Economic Context?
AbstractThe topic of this session of the INET conference is a question: does the effectiveness of fiscal policy in stabilizing an economy depend on the underlying economic context in which the policy is implemented? The answer to such a broad question must certainly be yes, but I argue here that the answer differs across dimensions of “context.”
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET) in its series INET Research Notes with number 1.
Date of creation: Apr 2012
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-04 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jonathan A. Parker, 2011.
"On Measuring the Effects of Fiscal Policy in Recessions,"
NBER Working Papers
17240, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan A. Parker, 2011. "On Measuring the Effects of Fiscal Policy in Recessions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 49(3), pages 703-18, September.
- Steven M. Fazzari & James Morley & Irina Panovska, 2012.
"State-Dependent Effects of Fiscal Policy,"
INET Research Notes
3, Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET).
- Alan J. Auerbach & Yuriy Gorodnichenko, 2012.
"Measuring the Output Responses to Fiscal Policy,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 1-27, May.
- Steven M. Fazzari, 1995. "Why Doubt the Effectiveness of Keynesian Fiscal Policy?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 17(2), pages 231-248, January.
- Valerie A. Ramey, 2011. "Can Government Purchases Stimulate the Economy?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 49(3), pages 673-85, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Enno Schröder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.