How important is innovation? A Bayesian factor-augmented productivity model on panel data
AbstractThis paper proposes a Bayesian approach to estimate a factor augmented productivity equation. We exploit the panel dimension of our data and distinguish individual-specic and time-specic factors. On the basis of 14 technology and infrastructure indicators from 37 countries over a 10-year period (1998 to 2007), we construct summary indicators of these two components and estimate their eect on the growth and the international dierences in GDP per capita.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by TEPP Working Papers in its series Papers with number 2011-06.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Other versions of this item:
- Georges Bresson & Jean-Michel Etienne & Pierre Mohnen, 2011. "How important is innovation? A Bayesian factor-augmented productivity model on panel data," Working Papers halshs-00812155, HAL.
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Factor Analysis
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Emanuel Moench & Serena Ng & Simon Potter, 2009. "Dynamic hierarchical factor models," Staff Reports 412, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Hecq, Alain & Palm, Franz C. & Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 2006.
"Common Cyclical Features Analysis in VAR Models with Cointegration,"
Open Access publications from Maastricht University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-15774, Maastricht University.
- Hecq, Alain & Palm, Franz C. & Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 2006. "Common cyclical features analysis in VAR models with cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 117-141, May.
- Hecq, Alain & Palm, Franz C. & Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 2005. "Common cyclical features analysis in VAR models with cointegration," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-5783, Maastricht University.
- Bresson G. & Hsiao C. & Pirotte A., 2007.
"Assessing the Contribution of R&D to Total Factor Productivity – a Bayesian Approach to Account for Heterogeneity And Heteroscedasticity,"
Working Papers ERMES
0708, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Georges Bresson & Cheng Hsiao & Alain Pirotte, 2011. "Assessing the contribution of R&D to total factor productivity—a Bayesian approach to account for heterogeneity and heteroskedasticity," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 95(4), pages 435-452, December.
- Georges Bresson & Cheng Hsiao, 2011.
"A functional connectivity approach for modeling cross-sectional dependence with an application to the estimation of hedonic housing prices in Paris,"
AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis,
Springer, vol. 95(4), pages 501-529, December.
- Bresson G. & Hsiao C., 2008. "A Functional Connectivity Approach for Modeling Cross-Sectional Dependence with an Application to the Estimation of Hedonic Housing Prices in Paris," Working Papers ERMES 0810, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin, 2008.
"National innovation systems, capabilities and economic development,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1417-1435, October.
- Jan Fagerberg & Martin Srholec, 2007. "National innovation systems, capabilities and economic development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20071024, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Jan Fagerberg & Martin Srholec & Bart Verspagen, 2010. "The Role of Innovation in Development," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica, vol. 1(2).
- Pagan, Adrian, 1984. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Regressions with Generated Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 221-47, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emond).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.