An Expanded Scope For Qualitative Economics
AbstractAs currently practiced, the analysis of an economic model's qualitative properties is very restricted and rarely productive. This paper provides an approach for conducting an expanded qualitative analysis that can be applied to any economic model. The method proposed will enable the qualitative properties of all economic models to be critically assessed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, Temple University in its series DETU Working Papers with number 1007.
Date of creation: May 2010
Date of revision:
Qualitative Analysis; Comparative Statics; Falsification;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher A. Sims, 1986. "Are forecasting models usable for policy analysis?," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 2-16.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Alan S. Blinder, 1989.
"The federal funds rate and the channels of monetary transmission,"
89-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Bernanke, Ben S & Blinder, Alan S, 1992. "The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transmission," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 901-21, September.
- Ben Bernanke, 1990. "The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transnission," NBER Working Papers 3487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lady, George M, 1983. "The Structure of Qualitatively Determinate Relationships," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 197-218, January.
- Buck, Andrew J. & Lady, George M., 2005. "Falsifying economic models," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 777-810, September.
- Buck, Andrew J. & Lady, George M., 2012.
"Structural sign patterns and reduced form restrictions,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 462-470.
- Andrew J. Buck & George M. Lady, 2011. "Structural Sign Patterns and Reduced Form Restrictions," DETU Working Papers 1102, Department of Economics, Temple University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dimitrios Diamantaras).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.