Zorunlu Karsiliklarin Para Politikasindaki Yeri
Abstract[TR] Bu calismada, zorunlu karsiliklarin para politikasindaki yeri kuresel finans krizi sonrasinda olusan yeni iktisadi konjonkturun ortaya koydugu gereksinimler baglaminda incelenmektedir. Zorunlu karsiliklarin para politikasi acisindan onemi, zorunlu karsiliklarin, politika faizinin aksine yalnizca belirli faiz oranlari uzerinde etkili olmasindan oturu, sermaye akimlarini artirmadan sikilastirici para politikasi uygulama imkani tanimasindan kaynaklanmaktadir. Calismada, zorunlu karsiliklarin kredi ve mevduat faizleri uzerindeki etkisi maliyet ve likidite kanallari uzerinden irdelenmektedir. [EN] In this study, we examine the role of reserve requirements as a monetary policy tool in the backdrop of the requirements emerged as a result of the new economic environment following the global financial crisis. The importance of reserve requirements, unlike the policy rate, stems from its ability to affect only certain interest rates, hence allowing the central bank to pursue countercyclical monetary policy without attracting capital inflows. The effect of reserve requirements on credit and deposit rates is analyzed through cost and liquidity channels.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey in its series CBT Research Notes in Economics with number 1108.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-14 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon Gray, 2011. "Central Bank Balances and Reserve Requirements," IMF Working Papers 11/36, International Monetary Fund.
- Fabia A. de Carvalho & Cyntia F. Azevedo, 2008.
"The Incidence of Reserve Requirements in Brazil: Do Bank Stockholders Share the Burden?,"
Working Papers Series
160, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Fabia Aparecida de Carvalho & Cyntia F. Azevedo, 2008. "The incidence of reserve requirements in Brazil: Do bank stockholders share the burden?," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 61-90, May.
- Reinhart, Carmen M & Reinhart, Vincent R, 1999.
"On the Use of Reserve Requirements in Dealing with Capital Flow Problems,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 27-54, January.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Reinhart, Vincent, 1999. "On the use of reserve requirements in dealing with capital flow problems," MPRA Paper 13703, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hernando Vargas & Carlos Varela & Yanneth R. Betancourt & Norberto Rodríguez, .
"Effects of Reserve Requirements in an Inflation Targeting Regime: The Case of Colombia,"
Borradores de Economia
587, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Hernando Vargas Herrera & Yanneth R Betancourt & Carlos Varela & Norberto Rodriguez, 2011. "Effects of reserve requirements in an inflation targeting regime: the case of Colombia," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The global crisis and financial intermediation in emerging market economies, volume 54, pages 133-169 Bank for International Settlements.
- Hernando Vargas Herrera & Carlos Varela & Yanneth R. Betancourt & Norberto Rodríguez, 2010. "Effects of Reserve Requirements in an Inflation Targeting Regime: The Case of Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 006710, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Scott E. Hein & Jonathan D. Stewart, 2002. "Reserve requirements: A modern perspective," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q4, pages 41-52.
- A. Kara, 2013. "Monetary Policy after the Global Crisis," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(1), pages 51-74, March.
- A. Hakan Kara, 2012. "Monetary Policy in Turkey After the Global Crisis (Kuresel Kriz Sonrasi Para Politikasi)," Working Papers 1217, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- A.Hakan KARA, 2012. "Küresel kriz sonrası para politikası," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 27(315), pages 09-36.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Soner Baskaya).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.