VAT in the Public Sector and Exemptions in the Public Interest
AbstractThe study analyses and measures the issues arising from the current VAT treatment of public bodies and activities carried out in the public interest. It also identifies possible options for the future, and measures their impact.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission in its series Taxation Studies with number 0045.
Length: 268 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2013
Date of revision:
European Union; taxation; VAT; public sector;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H27 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Other Sources of Revenue
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2013-06-16 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2013-06-16 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2013-06-16 (Public Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wassenaar, M.C. & Dijkgraaf, E. & Gradus, R.H.J.M., 2007. "Contracting out: Dutch municipalities reject the solution for the VAT-distortion," Serie Research Memoranda 0003, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Geroski, P A, 1990. "Innovation, Technological Opportunity, and Market Structure," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(3), pages 586-602, July.
- Erkel-Rousse, H. & Mirza, D., 2000.
"Import Price-Elasticities : Reconsidering the Evidence,"
Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications
2000.52, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Hélène Erkel-Rousse & Daniel Mirza, 2002. "Import price elasticities: reconsidering the evidence," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(2), pages 282-306, May.
- Helene Erkel-Rousse & Daniel Mirza, 2000. "Import Price-Elastcities: Reconsidering the Evidence," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0909, Econometric Society.
- Eoin Reeves & Michael Barrow, 2000. "The Impact of Contracting Out on the Costs of Refuse Collection Services - The Case of Ireland," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 31(2), pages 129-150.
- Ohlsson, H., 1998.
"Ownership and Production Costs Choosing Between Public Production and Contracting Out,"
1998-6, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Henry Ohlsson, 2003. "Ownership and Production Costs: Choosing between Public Production and Contracting-Out in the Case of Swedish Refuse Collection," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 24(4), pages 451-476, December.
- Ohlsson, Henry, 1998. "Ownership and Production Costs - Choosing Between Public Production and Contracting Out," Working Paper Series 1998:6, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Ferris, Michael C. & Munson, Todd S., 2000. "Complementarity problems in GAMS and the PATH solver," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 165-188, February.
- Philippe Aghion & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt & Susanne Prantl, 2004.
"Entry and Productivity Growth: Evidence from Microlevel Panel Data,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 2(2-3), pages 265-276, 04/05.
- Prantl, Susanne & Howitt, Peter & Griffith, Rachel & Blundell, Richard & Aghion, Philippe, 2004. "Entry and Productivity Growth: Evidence From Microlevel Panel Data," Scholarly Articles 4481510, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Domberger, S & Meadowcroft, S & Thompson, D J, 1986. "Competitive tendering and efficiency: the case of refuse collection," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 7(4), pages 69-87, November.
- Browning, Martin, 1993. "Estimating micro parameters from macro data alone: some pessimistic evidence," Ricerche Economiche, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 253-267, September.
- David N. Laband & Bernard F. Lentz, 2003. "New Estimates of Economies of Scale and Scope in Higher Education," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 70(1), pages 172-183, July.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Germà Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2009.
"Factors explaining local privatization: a meta-regression analysis,"
Springer, vol. 139(1), pages 105-119, April.
- Germà Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2006. "Factors explaining local privatization: A meta-regression analysis," Working Papers CREAP2006-03, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2006.
- Rutherford, Thomas F, 1999. "Applied General Equilibrium Modeling with MPSGE as a GAMS Subsystem: An Overview of the Modeling Framework and Syntax," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 14(1-2), pages 1-46, October.
- Stevens, Barbara J, 1978. "Scale, Market Structure, and the Cost of Refuse Collection," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(3), pages 438-48, August.
- Blundell, Richard & Griffith, Rachel & van Reenen, John, 1999. "Market Share, Market Value and Innovation in a Panel of British Manufacturing Firms," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(3), pages 529-54, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gaetan Nicodeme) or (Thomas hemmelgarn).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.