The impact of Migrant Workers' Remittances on the Living Standards of families in Morocco: a Propensity Score Matching Approach
AbstractThe impact of Migrant Workers' Remittances on the Living Standards of families in Morocco: a Propensity Score Matching Approach
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour in its series Working Papers with number 2013-2014_10.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2014
Date of revision: Feb 2014
Other versions of this item:
- Miftah, Amal & Bouoiyour, Jamal, 2014. "The impact of Migrant Workers ' Remittances on the Living Standards of families in Morocco: a Propensity Score Matching Approach," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/12802, Paris Dauphine University.
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O55 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2014-03-08 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-INT-2014-03-08 (International Trade)
- NEP-MIG-2014-03-08 (Economics of Human Migration)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brown, Richard P.C. & Jimenez, Eliana, 2007.
"Estimating the Net Effects of Migration and Remittances on Poverty and Inequality: Comparison of Fiji and Tonga,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Richard P.C. Brown & Eliana Jimenez, 2008. "Estimating the net effects of migration and remittances on poverty and inequality: comparison of Fiji and Tonga," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 547-571.
- Adams, Richard Jr. & Page, John, 2005. "Do international migration and remittances reduce poverty in developing countries?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1645-1669, October.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
- Coudouel, Aline & Hentschel, Jesko & Wodon, Quentin, 2002.
"Mesure et analyse de la pauvreté
[Poverty Measurement and Analysis]," MPRA Paper 10490, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean-Louis COMBES & Christian EBEKE & Mathilde MAUREL, 2011.
"Remittances and the Prevalence of Working Poor,"
- Jean-Louis Combes & Christian Ebeke & Mathilde Maurel & Thierry Yogo, 2011. "Remittances and the prevalence of working poor," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 11021, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Christian Ebeke & Mathilde Maurel & Thierry Yogo, 2011. "Remittances and the Prevalence of Working Poor," Working Papers halshs-00585004, HAL.
- Acosta, Pablo & Fajnzylber, Pablo & Lopez, J. Humberto, 2007. "The impact of remittances on poverty and human capital : evidence from Latin American household surveys," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4247, The World Bank.
- Adams, Richard H., Jr., 1991. "The effects of international remittances on poverty, inequality, and development in rural Egypt:," Research reports 86, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00587797 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Anyanwu & Andrew E. O. Erhijakpor, 2010. "Do International Remittances Affect Poverty in Africa?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 22(1), pages 51-91.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Perrin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.