Remittances, Dutch Disease, and Competitiveness - A Bayesian Analysis
AbstractRemittances, Dutch Disease, and Competitiveness - A Bayesian Analysis
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour in its series Working Papers with number 2011-2012_1.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2011
Date of revision: Dec 2011
Other versions of this item:
- Farid Makhlouf & Mazhar Mughal, 2013. "Remittances, Dutch Disease, And Competitiveness: A Bayesian Analysis," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 38(2), pages 67-97, June.
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-09-16 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-MIG-2011-09-16 (Economics of Human Migration)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amar Iqbal Anwar & Mazhar Yaseen Mughal, 2012. "Motives to remit: some microeconomic evidence from Pakistan," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(1), pages 574-585.
- Charles Engel & Nelson C. Mark & Kenneth D. West, 2007.
"Exchange Rate Models Are Not as Bad as You Think,"
NBER Working Papers
13318, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ball, Christopher & Lopez, Claude & Reyes, Javier & Cruz-Zuniga, Martha, 2010.
"Remittances, Inflation and Exchange Rate Regimes in Small Open Economies,"
22648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christopher P. Ball & Claude Lopez & Javier Reyes, 2013. "Remittances, Inflation and Exchange Rate Regimes in Small Open Economies," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 487-507, 04.
- Christopher P. Ball & Martha Cruz-Zuniga & Claude Lopez & Javier Reyes, 2008. "Remittances, Inflation and Exchange Rate Regimes in Small Open Economies," University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series 2008-03, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- Lone Engbo Christiansen & Alessandro Prati & Luca Antonio Ricci & Thierry Tressel, 2009.
"External Balance in Low Income Countries,"
IMF Working Papers
09/221, International Monetary Fund.
- Emmanuel K. K. Lartey & Federico S. Mandelman & Pablo A. Acosta, 2012.
"Remittances, Exchange Rate Regimes and the Dutch Disease: A Panel Data Analysis,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 377-395, 05.
- Emmanuel K.K. Lartey & Federico S. Mandelman & Pablo A. Acosta, 2008. "Remittances, exchange rate regimes, and the Dutch disease: a panel data analysis," Working Paper 2008-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- H Issa & B Ouattara, 2004.
"Foreign Aid Flows and Real Exchange Rate: Evidence from Syria,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
0408, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- H. Issa & B. Ouattara, 2008. "Foreign Aid Flows And Real Exchange Rate: Evidence From Syria," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 33(1), pages 133-146, June.
- Thierry Tressel & Alessandro Prati, 2006. "Aid Volatility and Dutch Disease: Is There a Role for Macroeconomic Policies?," IMF Working Papers 06/145, International Monetary Fund.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1996. "The Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 647-668, June.
- Taya Dumrongrittikul, 2011. "Real Exchange Rate Movements in Developed and Developing Economies: an Interpretation of the Balassa-Samuelson's Framework," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 5/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Torvik, Ragnar, 2001. "Learning by doing and the Dutch disease," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 285-306, February.
- Mazhar MUGHAL & Natalia VECHIU, 2010. "The role of Foreign Direct Investment in higher education in the developing countries (Does FDI promote education?)," Working Papers 2010-2011_10, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Nov 2010.
- Bazoumana Ouattara & Eric Strobl, 2008. "Foreign Aid Inflows And The Real Exchange Rate In The Cfa Franc Zone," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 116, pages 37-52.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1991. "Structural Determinants of Real Exchange Rates and National Price Levels: Some Empirical Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 325-34, March.
- Mazhar Yasin mughal & Farid Makhlouf, 2011. "Volatility of Remittances to Pakistan: What do the Data Tell?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 605-612.
- Dennis Görlich & Toman Omar Mahmoud & Christoph Trebesch, 2007. "Explaining Labour Market Inactivity in Migrant-Sending Families: Housework, Hammock, or Higher Education," Kiel Working Papers 1391, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Christian Saborowski, 2009. "Capital Inflows and the Real Exchange Rate: Can Financial Development Cure the Dutch Disease?," IMF Working Papers 09/20, International Monetary Fund.
- Joannes Mongardini & Brett Rayner, 2009. "Grants, Remittances, and the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate in Sub-Saharan African Countries," IMF Working Papers 09/75, International Monetary Fund.
- Emmanuel K. K. Lartey, 2007. "Capital inflows and the real exchange rate: An empirical study of sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 337-357.
- Bussolo, Maurizio & Medvedev, Denis, 2008.
"Do Remittances Have a Flip Side? A General Equilibrium Analysis of Remittances, Labor Supply Responses and Policy Options for Jamaica,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 734-764.
- Bussolo, Maurizio & Medvedev, Denis, 2007. "Do remittances have a flip side ? A general equilibrium analysis of remittances, labor supply responses, and policy options for Jamaica," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4143, The World Bank.
- Junaid Ahmed, 2012. "Cyclical Properties of Migrant's Remittances to Pakistan: What the data tell us," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 3266-3278.
- Mazhar MUGHAL & Amar Iqbal ANWAR, 2012. "Remittances, Inequality and Poverty in Pakistan: Macro and Microeconomic Evidence," Working Papers 2012-2013_2, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Aug 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Perrin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.