Services in Innovation – Innovation in Services
AbstractThere has been a considerable gap between efforts to understand innovation and other change processes, and ongoing structural changes in national economies. The SI4S project has aimed at developing concepts, empirical evidence and proposals for practical action concerning the role of services in European innovation systems. The general objectives were to map, understand and analyse the changing role of services and service innovations as users, carriers, shapers and sources of innovations in European innovation systems, to design, formulate and integrate options for innovation and technology policies and business strategies that take into account the role of services in innovation and innovation in services.The project has approached the issues from three perspectives: statistical description and analysis of services development at a macro level, studies of innovation and the shaping of innovation processes in services at both the macro and micro-level, studies of services in innovation services, i.e. the development of a specific group of services (KIBS) and especially their contribution to innovation processes in a range of service and manufacturing industries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy in its series STEP Report series with number 199813.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stahlecker, Thomas & Koch, Andreas, 2004. "On the significance of economic structure and regional innovation systems for the foundation of knowledge-intensive business services," Working Papers "Firms and Region" R1/2004, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Leiponen, Aija, 2003. "The Choice of Organizational Form for Collaborative Innovation," Working Papers 127230, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Thorsten Bohn, 2003. "Knowledge Intensive Business Services in Regional Systems of Innovation - Initial Results from the Case of Southeast-Finland," ERSA conference papers ersa03p161, European Regional Science Association.
- Iacovone, Leonardo & Mattoo, Aaditya & Zahler, Andres, 2013. "Trade and innovation in services : evidence from a developing economy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6520, The World Bank.
- Maria JOSE SILVA & Gastão SOUSA & Jacinta MOREIRA & Jorge SIMÕES, 2011. "Innovation Activities in the Service Sector: Empirical Evidence from Portuguese Firms," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 1(6), pages 17, October.
- Ana Salomé García & Antonio Morillas & Carmen Rueda, 2005. "Relaciones interindustriales y difusión de la innovación: una aproximación desde la Teoría de Redes," Urban/Regional 0512005, EconWPA.
- Wong, Poh-Kam & He, Zi-Lin, 2002. "The Impacts of Knowledge Interaction with Manufacturing Clients on KIBS Firms Innovation Behaviour," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ina Drejer, 2002. "A Schumpeterian Perspective on Service Innovation," DRUID Working Papers 02-09, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Hauknes, Johan & Knell, Mark, 2009. "Embodied knowledge and sectoral linkages: An input-output approach to the interaction of high- and low-tech industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 459-469, April.
- Claudio Farina & Brigitte Preissl, 2000. "Research and Technology Organisations in National Systems of Innovation," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 221, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Luisa Carvalho, 2011. "Market structures, strategy and innovation in services A study applied to the tourism sector," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2011_27, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Leiponen, Aija, 2003. "Organizational Knowledge and Innovation in Business Services," Working Papers 127228, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Mark Tomlinson, 2000. "Innovation surveys: A researcher's perspective," DRUID Working Papers 00-9, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Francisco Mas-Verdú, 2007. "Services and innovation systems: European models of Technology Centres," Service Business, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 7-23, March.
- HeLge Tetzschner & Henrik Herlau, 2003. "Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship in Tourism – A Potential for Local Business Development," Working Papers 49/03, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics.
- Caniels, M.C.J. & Romijn, H.A., 2005. "What Works, and Why, in Business Services Provision for SMEs: Insights from evolutionary theory," Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS) working paper series 05.03, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS).
- Thor Egil Braadland & Finn Ørstavik & Heidi Wiig Aslesen & Arne Isaksen & L. H. Jensen, . "Innovation, knowledge bases and clustering in selected industries in the Oslo region," STEP Report series 199904, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
- Thakur, Ramendra & Hale, Dena, 2013. "Service innovation: A comparative study of U.S. and Indian service firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 1108-1123.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nils Henrik Solum) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Nils Henrik Solum to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.