Correlations genuine and spurious in Pearson and Yule
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton in its series Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics with number 9502.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 1995
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Ji-Hyun, 1999. "Spurious correlation between ratios with a common divisor," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 383-386, October.
- Marek Hanusch, 2013. "Islam and democracy: a response," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 154(3), pages 315-321, March.
- Karim M. Abadir & Gabriel Talmain, 2012. "Beyond Co-Integration: Modelling Co-Movements in Macro finance," Working Paper Series 25_12, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Böddeling, Annika & Witte, Benjamin, 2011. "An investigation into the causal relation between institutions and economic development," Discussion Papers 9/2011, Witten/Herdecke University, Faculty of Management and Economics.
- William Goetzmann & Eduardas Valaitis, 2006. "Simulating Real Estate in the Investment Portfolio: Model Uncertainty and Inflation Hedging," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2476, Yale School of Management, revised 01 May 2006.
- repec:rdg:wpaper:em-dp2013-03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Serrano Cinca, C. & Mar Molinero, C. & Gallizo Larraz, J.L., 2005. "Country and size effects in financial ratios: A European perspective," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 26-47, August.
- Terence Mills & Kerry Patterson, 2013. "Modelling the Trend: The Historical Origins of Some Modern Methods and Ideas," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2013-03, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Terence Mills & Kerry Patterson, 2013. "Carmichael's Arctan Trend: Precursor of Smooth Transition Functions," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2013-06, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Aldrich, John, 2010. "Econometrics and psychometrics â€“ rivers out of biometry," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 1010, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Cook, Steven, 2007. "A threshold cointegration test with increased power," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 73(6), pages 386-392.
- Juan Piovani, 2008. "The historical construction of correlation as a conceptual and operative instrument for empirical research," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 42(6), pages 757-777, December.
- Chatelain, Jean-Bernard, 2010. "Can statistics do without artefacts?," MPRA Paper 42867, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:hal:cesptp:hal-00750495 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roger Bjørnstad & Ragnar Nymoen, 2006. "Will it float? The New Keynesian Phillips curve tested on OECD panel data," Discussion Papers 463, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- You, Wen & Davis, George C. & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & McIntosh, Alex, 2005. "Parental Time and Children's Obesity Measures," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19386, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00750495 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Thorn).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.